Saturday, April 29, 2006


<--(Fuzzy Picture of me, on the left, in my pretty green fighting garb about three or four years ago). I have been thinking about getting back into rapier again lately. For about six years I studied swordfighting the the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and then went back to university (which, or course, sucked up all my time). Having been away from the sword for the past four years I am WOEFULLY out of practice. I really want to go back to it but every time I start again I get over-excited and tend to overdo it physically so that I can barely sit down the next day from muscle ache. The other thing I need to deal with is finding a goal. For the longest time I was striving to become a "White Scarf" in the SCA (basically an order that recognises its members as excellent in the field of rapier combat as well as being contributors in other ways such as: teaching, research, etc.). Now I am unsure what my goals with rapier are. Do I want to be able to beat 50% of all the people I fight? Do I want to be able to teach? Do I want to be someone who institutes new methods and resurrects old ones? I will ponder this for a while. Any thoughts you may have had about motivation would be appreciated. Have a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger godvonrav said...

How about just show up and fight...for the damn fun of it

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home