Monday, July 17, 2006

Long time

Well... things are going as well and as busy as predicted for July. The massage intensive is exactly that... intense! Today was day 7 and we are all starting to get geared up for the final practical exam at the end of the week. Last Friday we went to Roger wireless HQ in Burnaby to give massages to some of their call center staff (and a more appreciative bunch you could not meet)! It was a looooong day of massage. In my world I am used to starting at 11:30 and finishing at around 5:30 or 6:00 with lots of little breaks throughout the day. Friday morning started at 9:00 am in Burnaby (which meant being up at 7:00) and then went through until 5:00 with a one hour break for lunch and an estimated 14 massages done EACH... and I wasn't even getting _paid_ for it! ;) But seriously, it has been a very infomative, very FUN experience. The class is quite the eclectic gathering of people... but more on that later...
I am VEEERY tired and must head to bed. Went out to see Pirates 2 tonight with Derek and my friend Jenny. LOVED IT! I thought it was better than the first one (which is saying something as I found the first one quite good to start with).
Oh! For those of you who haven't heard, I have a new cell phone (a Treo... gotta love it!) and the number is (778) 868-8719. Hope this helps any of you who have been trying to get through to me...

Well... off to dreamland for me... at least for a few hours... I really don't know how Derek and the rest of you folks do this 9-5 thing every day but I salute you!!! :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rub rub rub rub rub...kneed kneed kneed...rub rub rub rub
story of sara's life from now on.
jeni (that's how she spells it).
sorry we couldnt' come but J had to work and i want to see it with her.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Fhionghuin said...

I can't wait to get a massage from you sometime. I might be over in September to see Nouvelle Vague... ;)

Even I got used to getting up early -- you know how well mornings and I get along. I'm at 6am on the weekdays. Gah!

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A team of people with flexible fingers could massage everyone in our office 14 times in the day.

Clearly this is a fantastic idea. We wouldn't even want you to start until noon or something so we can still get in our morning darts game.

Please tell your instructor we are available for practice prior to the final exam, but not the week of the 31st as I'm on vacation.

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Sean

8:26 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Sorry I didn't get your message sooner, Sean, we probably could have come out. Can you please send me some contact info for you so I can get "in touch"? (hee hee) I am going to be doing corporate massage (increase employee productivity!) so if you are interested in hiring me to come in I would love to accomodate you!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home