Friday, June 02, 2006

Naughty Blogger!

I have been off blog for at least a few days... What's going on in this world???!!! Well, for starters I registered for Pennsic XXXV yesterday and am REALLY REALLY excited to finally be going back this year. It has been four years since I was last there and every year that I haven't gone it has been excruciating to miss. While there I am also going to be participating in the Known Worlde Choir singing early music from several different composers. I am pretty psyched. It is going to be six days in a row of rehearsing two hour a day and then a concert at the end of it (by which time we shoud all be VERY good).

I went to Academie Duello rapier practice on Wednesday night (and am still aching all over) and had another great night of practicing. I think that next week Conan will be joining us at practice. He is very excited about having ordered a Hanwei practice rapier.
I am going to try doing one practice a week for the next two weeks and then see if I can step it up to two practices a week. I am trying to do the smart thing and get back into things SLOWLY so that I am not so frightened to do it (like the last couple of times when I put myself into serious agony trying to do too much, too fast). So far this has been working pretty well because if I go to a practice mid-week then by the beginning of the following week my body has forgotten the pain and is ready for more.

Tomorrow is the Yogathon at the Plaza of Nations and Saje is setting up a booth there. I will be doing massage from 10:30 until 5:30 and then going to an appreciation party for Janie More (one of the co-presidents of Saje). I have been SO social lately... it's great!

Monday is my BIG GIG at the Hotel Vancouver and I have been practicing with my amplifier all week trying to set my levels. I don't know how much good this will do as I have no idea how the acoustic of the room is going to sound. I am going to show up about 45 minutes early so I have plenty of time to set up, tune and warm up and then check all my tech stuff before the show begins.


I have today off so I think I am going to go get a tune-up (massage) so that I can get through the maddness that is going to be tomorrow and then my regularily scheduled Sunday mayhem at West 4th Saje.

I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home