Thursday, May 18, 2006

Good morning!

Another picture from this weekend. This is the new dress that I was up working on for so long last week. It still needs some tweaking but looked pretty last weekend nonetheless. (I love the parachute factor with the sleeves!)


It's another perfect day outside today! I had been feeling a little lethargic since returning from WA this past weekend (maybe I was recovering from all the heat) and had been contemplating calling up the Robson St. Saje store to see if they wanted to have me come in and do massage sometime this week. I hadn't gotten around to doing that yet when my phone rang and it was Shelagh from Robson calling to ask me if I could cover Sitaj (chair massage) for Wednesday and Thursday. Convenient, yes?
So I got down there and oriented but didn't get a whole lot of clients. The Robsons store has only been open since December and they are still working on building their client base. So after waiting quite a while for someone to come in for a massage I grabbed some lotion and went outside with the intention of giving out hand rubs until someone decided to come in and get a back rub.
As SOON as I got out there a woman and her daughter came up and were looking at the store and their dog was drinking from the water dish outside. I offered a hand massage and the daughter immediately perked up with, "Can I Mom?" After she got a quick one I gave her mom's hand a rub and the daughter launched into, "You should go in and get one Mom, you really should!" I could not have possibly had a better supporter so: Thank you, little girl!
Her mom popped in and had a 15 minute and came out all relaxed and happy. I think I will try the hand massage again today...

3 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Good idea on the hand massages, I love them!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat dress, I'm impressed you could make that yourself!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

To Derek:
I know... you are part of the reason I thought it would be such a good idea!

To Odette:
Yeah! (chuckle) But it's amazing how few people take advantage of such an offer... I wonder what they are afraid of?

To Conan:
Thanks very much! It took a bit of sleep deprivation to make but it was worth it!

Should I make the next one for you? (Teehee)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home