Monday, January 01, 2007

Update

I hadn't realized that people didn't know yet until someone (I don't know who because they posted an anonymous comment) asked if Derek and I had broken up. Here is my personal update (short version) from the last few months of 2006:

September: Started recording Celtic Angel and doing chair massage at the Robson Street Saje store. Also started teaching music lessons at Selena Chang Music Academy in Coquitlam.

October: Finished recording and continued work on graphics for Celtic Angel. Still doing chair massage and music lessons. Derek and I broke up a few days before our two year anniversary but decided to try to work things out long distance as I realized how important it was for me to move back to Victoria to be near family and old friends. Gave my notice to Selena Chang and to Saje Robson. Started looking for work in Victoria. Ended up getting a job working for West Corp.

November: Moved to Victoria on November 5. Started work a week later at West. Derek came to visit me the first weekend I lived there and I went over to Vancouver the second weekend. We were not able to work things out so we ended our relationship after a couple weeks of me being away.
I worked at West for two weeks before I realized that I was _really_ not suited to it.

December: Spent a couple of weeks looking for work before being offered a temporary/on call position working for BC Mail Plus processing and preparing a variety of provincial government mail. Went to Port Alberni for Christmas and then back to Victoria for work and New Years.
Celtic Angel arrived on December 29th.

Last night: Went to an awesome New Year's party at my friend Kim's house. Great food, great people, great fun.

All in all the last few months of '06 were very unsettling and stressful for me. I am finally beginning to feel like I have my feet on the ground again. I am a LOT happier than I was in Vancouver. I have been spending _tons_ of time with my friends and family. I have been active (I went on a 10 km hike with my friend Colin around Elk Lake on Saturday and then did Pilates with Stephanie on Sunday) and feeling better about myself. I am going to be re-joining Prima Youth Choir (which I was in for five years before I moved) in a week and be singing Carmina Burana in the spring.

I still have no idea what life has in store for me for the next little while but I am feeling a little less anxious about things now than I was a couple of months ago. I am really looking forward to what this year has in store for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home