Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy life...

This picture of Colin and I is from right after the Carmina Burnana concert in Port Alberni.

Well, the first of 2 Carmina Burana concerts is done. Colin and I travelled up to Port Alberni on March 3rd both to visit with my parents and for me to sing in (and have the family attend) Carmina Burana with Prima Youth Choir. The concert is going to be put on in Victoria on April 1 (no foolin'!) at the Victoria Conservatory of Music (Pandora at Vancouver). Tickets are $12.00 each.
I am singing two solos in the piece. The first is a short solo with in the "Coeurs d'amors" section of the Carmina and the second is the infamous "Dulcissime" (which is a really REALLY high, very short solo meant to bring down the house).
While I got a lot of positive feedback from the first concert, I couldn't help wishing that I hadn't had to rehearse the entire work right before the concert (as my voice was completely exhausted by the time I had to sing the Dulcissime at the end of the work and ended up being kinda shaky and squeeky). At any rate, live and learn. I am planning on "marking" (a musical term for singing lightly or down an octave) at the next rehearsal that happens right before the concert so that I am better equipped to handle the uber-high D in the piece.
All in all I am realy looking forward to this opportunity to wow Victoria with my new skills.


In other news, the wedding plans are going well. We put our rings into production on Tuesday and the "waxes" should be ready by the end of this week for our approval. After that it should take about three weeks for the rings to be ready (giving us a months grace before the actual wedding). We got our marriage licence last week and are going to go for a Sunday drive in Sidney this week to figure out the exact location for the happy day.

Last weekend we went over to Vancouver to visit with Colin's family and so that I could provide relaxation massage for some clients over there. We also had a fabulous time staying with Mike and Jessica and their wonderful pets. Thanks for providing us with such a wonderful place to stay, you guys!
On the Sunday we had to do a bunch of running around (due to some foiled family plans). However, we were able to get most of the things we wanted to done. We dropped by Granville Island (where I picked up some replacement journals and Colin bought me a BEAUTIFUL moonstone necklace for the wedding). We were also able to stop by the Saje stores at W. 4th at Robson St. to say "hello" to all the wonderful Sajers (I miss you!).
Our trip to the "big" city was successful but it was SOOOOOO nice to come home to the island!
When I was living in Vancouver and so homesick for Victoria I wondered if I wasn't just idealizing it. Having moved back I am happy to report that I absolutely did NOT! :) I love it here on the island. The air is clean, you can look people on the street in the face and smile, and the skies are not cloudy all day...

Well, I will be sending out wedding invites (mostly via e-mail) in the next few weeks. IF YOU DON'T GET ONE AND THINK THAT YOU SHOULD: please get in touch with me. It is most likely an oversight and/or I have misplaced your contact info. Likewise if you are talking to someone and _they_ think they have been missed out in the invite process. Let me know. As I have said before, Colin and I want ALL of our good friends to be there. So unless you hear otherwise (or feel uncomfortable) please PLEASE come out and have a blast at our wedding ritual on May 19th.

See you all there!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

from steve/basileus:

......So hun....I believe I am out of the loop somewhat...who is this young fellow colin that you plan on marrying.....? How pray tell did you meet....?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Colin is also known as Crawford in the SCA (which is where we met approximately 8 years ago). He and I have been good friends for YEARS and when I called him up in December just to hang out after I had moved back to Victoria we became inseperable. He is quite the amazing man!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home